MetLife, Your Life®

Simple Tips for Life’s Unpredictable Moments

Are You Covered if Someone is Injured on Your Property?

Learn the ins and outs of this sticky situation.

Q. I was having a party and my friend fell down the stairs at my house. Does my insurance cover his injury?

A. If your injured friend is a member of your household, the answer is no—your homeowners insurance does not cover medical payments for people living in your home. But if the injured person is a friend, relative living elsewhere, or even an uninvited guest, coverage for bodily injury applies.

L0717496846[exp0620][All States][DC]

Close popup