Welcome to MetLife, Your Life®

Let us help you face life's unpredictable situations with safety tips we've gathered from years of experience. Full of educational and seasonal information, our site will help you take care of your auto, home and safety needs. Plus, you can save money along the way.

Visit MetLife.com for your current Auto and Home policy information.
Find out if you're eligible for an employee or association
membership discount. Get a free quote.

Your Auto

Keep your car in top condition with our seasonal tips and safety information. Find out what to do in emergency situations and how to deal with inclement weather that could affect your driving. We also answer common auto insurance questions.

Your Home

Keep your home safe with our maintenance tips and safety ideas. We offer guidance on what to do for regular upkeep of your home throughout the year. We also answer common home insurance questions.

Your Business

Keep your business running smoothly with these tips and insights. From liability coverage to protecting your assets, we’ll help you maintain peace of mind.

Your Belongings

Take care of your valuables with our maintenance ideas and safety tips. We'll help you protect your favorite belongings indoors and out, including your technology, recreational, and home maintenance equipment. We also answer common insurance questions.

Your Protection

Keep your loved ones safe both online and offline with our helpful advice and information. Our articles can help you reduce your risk and raise your awareness about situations that can affect your personal and online safety, including identity theft protection.

MetLife Auto & Home Your Trusted Solutions®

Conquer your to-do list with discounts and access to seasoned professionals for home repairs, renovations, and household tasks.

Commercial Insurance

Placeholder text.

About MetLife Auto & Home

As the nation's leading provider of employer-sponsored auto and homeowners insurance, MetLife Auto & Home insures nearly 1.7 million households countrywide. Our Claims promise is to be there when our customers need us most—providing superior insurance coverage with fewer gaps and surprises.


See our video collection to learn more about protecting your property and assets.

What to Do If Your Car is Hit in a Parking Lot

Learn about the reporting procedures if your car is struck in a parking lot hit-and-run.

Q. My car was struck in a hit-and-run while it was parked at work. Do I need a police report in order to make a claim? How long do I have to report it to MetLife Auto & Home®?

A.  If it’s clear that another vehicle hit your car, look to your collision insurance for coverage. If an object such as a shopping cart struck your vehicle, your comprehensive insurance may be the solution. The caveat: Notify MetLife Auto & Home as soon as possible, you’ll need to complete the proof of loss by 91 days or within the number of days required by law. Even better, call MetLife Auto & Home to address your specific claim. Do not get your vehicle repaired before contacting your insurance company because a claim adjuster may need to inspect the damage.

Police reporting requirements vary by state. In Maryland, for example, police respond to an accident only if there are injuries or if at least one of the vehicles is undrivable. Call your police department’s non-emergency number to determine your state’s policy.

L0815434953[exp0718][All States][DC]

Close popup