Go Green with MetLife’s Online Service Center and eDelivery
Find out how easy it is to go paperless and sign up for MetLife’s digital options.
Reduce. Reuse. Recycle: You’ve probably heard those terms before. Chances are, you recycle already. And when you clean out your closets, you donate or sell the items you no longer need. But have you thought about what reduce means?
According to the EPA, the most effective way to reduce waste is to not create it in the first place. Look for opportunities in your life to reduce, such as bringing your own bags to the grocery store, buying in bulk rather than individual packaging or taking a reusable mug to your local coffee shop. Other examples include printing double-sided, composting, bringing a set of silverware to the office and shutting down your computer when you’re not using it.
When you reduce your consumption, some benefits to the environment include:
- Less waste has to be recycled or sent to a landfill
- Pollution and greenhouse emissions are reduced
- Energy, money and resources are saved
- The environment is safer for future generations
Choosing to enroll in MetLife’s Online Service Center and eDelivery is an easy example of reducing. You decrease the amount of paper waste and other resources that go into having bills and documents printed and mailed to you. It’s one quick task you can do that has positive, rippling effects. You have less paper clutter in your house, and you don’t have to spend time and energy thinking about shredding or filing.
Here’s what you can do at the MetLife Online Service Center:
- View policies
- Pay bills
- Print auto insurance ID cards
- Access policy documents
- Change delivery preference
Here’s what you get with eDelivery:
- Electronic notifications for when forms are updated
- Reports, bills, and other documents via email
It’s simple to sign up:
- Log in to online.metlife.com.
- Click Register Now.
- Select the second option.
- Follow the steps to create a profile, log in and link your policies.
- While there, enroll in MetLife eDelivery by visiting Communication Preferences under the Profile settings and selecting “Online” for your Delivery Preferences.