MetLife, Your Life®

Simple Tips for Life’s Unpredictable Moments

Who Covers Costs if an Uninsured Driver Hits You?

You may be protected if someone with no insurance rear-ends and injures you. Learn about MetLife’s uninsured motorist coverage.

Q. I was rear-ended last week by someone with no auto insurance, and my wife broke her leg. I don’t think the man who hit me can pay the hospital bills. Am I out of luck?

A. Unfortunately, your situation is not uncommon. But there’s good news if your MetLife Auto & Home auto policy includes uninsured motorists (UM) coverage. This provision covers your injury-related damages caused by an uninsured or a hit-and-run driver. Similarly, underinsured motorists (UIM) coverage protects you in case you’re injured by a driver who has inadequate insurance. Consider raising your UM/UIM limit to match your bodily injury (BI) limit. Call MetLife Auto & Home for limit options and rates.

L0717496846[exp0620][All States][DC]

Close popup